The reverse crunch is an easy to do exercise which doesn’t require any equipment. Just find a carpet or mat to lie on and you can do this exercise perfectly. The reverse crunch is not a difficult exercise but it’s a good place to start your quest to a flat stomach.
Here is how you should perform the reverse crunch:
- Start Position: Lie on the floor with both legs folded, but keep your feet slightly off the floor. Both legs should be relaxed. Keep both hands palm down at both sides of your body close to your pelvis.
- Movement: Contract your lower abs by bringing your folded knees tight to your stomach. Slowly separate your knees from your stomach but keep them slightly off the floor. Repeat.
- Keep your lower back flat on the floor at all time to avoid exerting pressure on your back
- Close your eyes and focus on your abs
- If you want to create an extra intensity in this exercise, strap some leg weights to your ankles and perform the exercise.
The reverse crunch can be highly effective if done correctly. I suggest that you incorporate it into your regular abs routine.