Some important factors which need to be kept in mind before using the trampoline are given below:
- It is essential to place the trampoline where there is adequate overhead and lateral clearance. A minimum of 24 feet (7.3m) is recommended from the floor or ground. When used outdoors, care should be taken to provide adequate clearance for wires, tree limbs, fences, and other possible hazards.
- Place the trampoline on a level surface before use. A loose, thick white sand application is recommended to be applied beneath the trampoline and in the immediate surrounding area.
- The trampoline should always be used in well lighted area. If artificial illumination is provided, it is recommended that such artificial illumination meet the standards of 50 fc (5381x) as recommended for gymnasiums and field houses in IES Recommended Practice RP-6.
- Remove any obstructions from beneath the trampoline and enclosure.
- Assembly requires two adults. Keep children away from the trampoline enclosure until it is fully assembled.
- Use gloves to protect your hands from pinch points during assembly.
- Make sure that the trampoline is properly assembled, with the frame pad properly attached, before
you assemble the trampoline enclosure.