DRINK, DRINK, DRINK
You’ve probably read it before, but it’s got to be said again. Drink plenty of water. I personally try to make 8 glasses of 12 ounce water per day part of my diet. And all that water doesn’t need to be from the tap. Include fruits and vegetables as part of your daily amount. Melon (like watermelon and honeydew) are a huge source of water. They’re really flavorful too.
Exercise is the most important thing you can do to build leg muscles. By focusing on just your legs and making most of your workouts push those muscles to their limits, you’ll definitely build more attractive legs.
Perform the leg press at the gym using a machine by the same name.
- Sit on machine with back on padded support. Place your feet on platform and grasp handles to sides.
- Push the platform away by extending your knees and hips. Return and repeat.
This is one of the best overall exercises for your legs and butt muscles:
- Stand with feet 3 to 4 inches apart, with hands on hips. Starting with your right leg, take a giant step forward. Your toes and knee are pointed directly in front of your body.
- Bend your right knee slightly, with your whole foot on the floor. Your left heel lifts up.
- Lower your body straight down from this position. Your front knee must lower down over your ankle, or behind your shoelaces.
- Raise your body and bring your left leg in to return to the standing position.
- Repeat with your left leg. Alternate right and left each time.
- Grasp a dumbbell in one hand to side.
- Position toes and balls of feet on calf block with arches and heels extending off.
- Place hand on support for balance. Lift other leg to rear by bending knee.
- Raise heels by extending ankles as high as possible. Lower heels by bending ankles until calves are stretched. Repeat. Continue with opposite leg.