While some people believe vertical leaps are solely based upon leg strength and muscles, an assortment of additional body parts play an important role in vertical jumping. This means a training program focused on the legs, abdomen, and even the arms provides some of the best ways to increase vertical jump. Below you will find a few suggestions to consider when you are interested in enhancing your impressive leap into the air:
- Leap-ups: Standing with your feet shoulder-width apart, one should jump into the air while looking straight
ahead. Once they come down about ¼ of the way, they should immediately soar into the air. The purpose of this exercise is to train the muscles to better respond to the movements associated with jumping into the air. In the end, an improved vertical leap is the result.
- Stretching: One of the lesser-known ways to increase vertical jump is through stretching, which provides an athlete with the flexibility needed to gracefully leap into the air.
- Calf Raises: To start, place your heels over an object that permits them from touching the ground, such as a step or book. The object of the exercise is to go all the way up into the air and then slowly come down. First, complete the exercise using one leg and then switch to work out the other.
- Step-Ups: With the help of a sturdy chair or bench, place one leg on the chair, and then push yourself off with the help of the other. While in the air, you should switch legs, putting the leg that was once on the ground onto the bench, and place the leg that was once the bench onto the ground. This exercise should involve a specific number of reps assigned for each leg.
- Thrust-Ups and Burnouts: While standing with your feet shoulder-width apart, you should lock your knees and then jump up with just the help of your calves. When completing this exercise, you should only bend at the ankles. Once you land, you should immediately return to the upward position. Some people also choose whether or not to use their arms during this exercise. To complete burnouts, start in the same starting position as a thrust-up, where the toes are used to propel an individual into the air. This particular exercise focuses on jumping up by relying only on the toes and sides of the thighs.
- Sit-Ups: In order to strengthen the abdominal core, sit-ups are considered one of the best exercises for
enhancing explosive energy and the stability necessary to increase vertical leap. While lying flat on your back, bend your knees and raise your torso to your knees (holding the position for a moment) before lowering the torso in a slow motion.
- Additional Techniques: Athletes looking for more ways to increase vertical jump will find an assortment of
intriguing and challenging exercises to consider.A couple of recommendations include toe curls, box squats
with resistance bands, snatch grip deadlifts, reverse hyperextensions, weighted ab routine, and standing
backward medicine ball tosses.